Tuesday, July 26, 2011

When the Husband is Away....Make Pasta!

I love pasta.  I mean, looooove.  If I were to have a love affair, it might be with a bowl of pasta.  Anyway, I have 3 nights to myself this week, so OF COURSE I am going to make some pasta.  I made Giada's Farfalle with Spicy Sausage and Kale (which, by the way, seems to be only be available on a Borders website, so I don't know how long this link will work).  I used rotini instead of farfalle (sacrilege! considering my favorite pasta shape is farfalle).  I was actually going to make this yesterday, but I forgot to defrost the sausage.  I also didn't have an onion.  Note to self - always keep an onion and a lemon lying around for cooking emergencies! 

What can I say about this recipe?  It's simple and delicious.  Italian sausage?  Delicious.  Onions and garlic?  Delicious.  Tomatoes and kale?  Sure, why not.  Touch of cream?  I won't argue with that!  This was a good recipe for kale.  It was easy to prepare and hardy enough to stand out.  I don't think spinach would have been quite as good. 

Mix delicious ingredients together...

Blanch the kale in water for 5 minutes.  I also used the same pot of water for the pasta.

Stew my pretties...stew...

A one-pot wonder (except for the part where I used 2 pots, but nevermind that)

Thanks Giada!



1 comment:

  1. Uh... excuse me? Love affair with pasta? No more pasta under my roof!

    And while we may not have had an onion, we did have a shallot. Way to not use leftovers. Geez!

    ReplyDelete