Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Spicy Buffalo Chicky Pizza

IMG_1892

We love making pizzas at home.  This probably comes as no surprise to our avid fan base, since we seem to blog about it a lot.  I will therefore spare you all the details of HOW we make the pizza and focus more on WHAT WE PUT ON TOP OF THE PIZZA.  That is, after all, the most interesting part.

This week’s episode:  Buffalo Chicken Pizza.  It is rare for us to put chicken on a pizza.  I think we’ve done it only once before when we made a Thai Chicken Pizza (note to self…..need to blog about that….).  Anyway, I don’t entirely remember what inspired me, but I remember thinking that there’s got to be a way to turn buffalo chicken into a pizza!  The internet did not let me down.  I found lots of different recipes with all kinds of varieties:  barbeque sauce, Worcestershire sauce, Ranch dressing, no sauce, blue cheese, cheddar cheese…the list goes on.  Instead of following any recipe in particular, I cobbled together my own version.

I decided to go with blue cheese dressing as the base.  I definitely did not want a red sauce or a barbecue sauce on the bottom.  I thought about doing Ranch dressing, but I happened to already have a blue cheese dressing on hand.  I’m pretty sure blue cheese dressing is just Ranch dressing with cheese added to it, but whatever.  Note for next time!

IMG_1883

Next up is the chicken.  I already had some cooked rotisserie chicken, so I just shredded up enough for one pizza.  I then added 2 tablespoons of melted butter and a TON of Louisiana hot sauce.   I was not shy with the sauce!

IMG_1886

Some scattered red onion…not too much.

IMG_1887

Spicy chicken….just enough.

IMG_1889

Blue cheese…..lots!

IMG_1890

That’s it folks!  This pizza is not hard.  It came out all gooey and melty.  Maybe a tiny bit unhealthy.

 

But see…we added some salad, so we got some nutrition after all.

IMG_1893

No comments:

Post a Comment