Sunday, November 2, 2014

That’s How the Cookie Crinkles!

 

Today we’re making chocolate-crinkle cookies!  I have a never-ending quest to find dairy-free chocolate desserts, which usually results in having to make it myself.  This delightful recipe comes from Cooks Illustrated.  The recipe itself is not dairy-free, but all I had to do was substitute a few ingredients in order to make it work.

IMG_2482

There are 3 (three!) types of sugar in this recipe! (powdered, granulated, and light brown).

IMG_2483

First mix the dry ingredients.

IMG_2486

Dairy-free margarine and dairy-free chocolate chips get melted together in the microwave.

IMG_2489

Mix together wet and dry ingredients to form a dough.

IMG_2493

Assembly line!  The dough is formed into balls, rolled into granulated sugar, and THEN rolled into powdered sugar.  Ay caramba!  Now, don’t do what I did, and eat too much of the cookie dough while you are “cleaning” up the kitchen.  It’s a lot of sugar!

IMG_2490

Ready for the oven!

IMG_2498

I think there might be a Cookie Monster loose in my house.  These are sweet, soft, chocolaty, and delicious.  Reminds me of eating a brownie in cookie form.  Chocolate success!

No comments:

Post a Comment