We at Chez Venza recently took a food-finding mission to assess Georgia. Ladies and Gentlemen, the State of Georgia is just peachy. While we were there, we were able to up our food celebrity quotient significantly.
The only celebrity we were actually able to meet was two-time Top Chef contestant (and Top Chef All-Stars Champ) Richard Blais. We went to his big-time fancy restaurant The Spence, where he was kind enough to come by the table and chat with us. Unfortunately, due to my wife’s (and my own) embarrassment, I couldn’t quite nerd out enough to ask him for a picture.
A couple days later, we visited his high-end (but much more affordable) burger boutique: Flip.
Tres moderne!
We ordered a “Nutella and burnt marshmallow” milkshake, that was apparently made with liquid nitrogen. As my unnamed dinning companion noted, “I can’t taste the liquid nitrogen.” I mocked her at the time, but she’s right. Unless it’s being made tableside and you get to watch, I’m not sure what benefit there is to the shake being made that way. It was very tasty though. The burnt marshmallows were awesome.
This is the chorizo burger with a side of fried okra, cut length-wise.
Fried egg, chorizo, hashbrowns, manchego, romesco……
As you can tell, we hated it.
We also got the Fauxlafel burger (perhaps out of a sense of guilt for the decadence of the chorizo burger?) I can’t figure out why he named it “Fauxlafel”… it’s a fried chickpea patty…. that’s an actual falafel! It’s served with Sweet potato tots and “blue cheese foam,” which was great!
So…. yeah! If you’re in Hotlanta, go get a Flip Burger!
No comments:
Post a Comment